Mushroom And Pea Rice
Serving size: 1 quarter plate
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbs: 40g
- Brown rice-25
- Olive oil-1/2 tsp
- Onion-1 small (Finely chopped)
- Green peas-½ cup
- Mushroom-1cup (Chopped)
- Cumin seeds-½ tsp
- Cumin seeds-1
- Salt and Garam masala-to taste (keep salt low)
- Wash brown rice two to three times and then soak them in 150 ml of drinking water for 1 hours .
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray it with oil. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf and roast till cumin is brown.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown on medium flame.
- Add mushroom and sauté for a minute; then add salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Add peas and soaked rice long with the water used. Cover and let it cook on low flame until the rice is fully done and all the water is absorbed.
- Serve hot.